Maria's Good Time Fun Blog-o-Rama and Petting Zoo

I'm a Georgia-born, Mississippi-bred, Southern Belle living in sunny Los Angeles, California. I'm just trying to make life in the City of Angels truly feel like a little piece of heaven. Welcome to my blog of humorous anecdotes, mindless ramblings, witty invectives, random observations, and just general thinking out loud. Thanks for stopping by! Ya'll come back now, ya hear?!!!

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Chik-fil-a is OK!


I grew up in the South. It's common knowledge that we Southerners enjoy our fried chicken. I know I do, particularly in the form of the Chick-fil-A Extra Value Meal #1 (that's the sandwich, waffle fries, and for my drink I'll have a sweet tea, thank you very much!). And if I'm feeling really randy, I may add an order of an 8 pack of nuggets with my meal, just to enjoy the chickeny goodness completely unadulterated by pickle and bun (though a little sweet & sour sauce for dippage is nice).

If you've never dined at a Chick-fil-A establishment, you are missing out. It's not just fast food. Oh no. It's a way of life. The Chick-fil-A Way. Those unacquainted with the wonders of this deep fried taste sensation out here on the west coast need only utter the phrase "Eat Mor Chikin" (spelling courtesy of the Chick-fil-A cows; see advertising and promos for details), to a transplanted Southerner, and you will see their eyes glaze over, their face will appear peaceful and serene, with a knowing, far-away look of regret and longing. Longing for the taste of breast and bun from days gone by, and regret that the closest Chick-fil-A location in the LA area is all the way out in freakin' Torrance (for similar response, see also: Krispy Kreme doughnuts red light-"Fresh, Hot, Now").

I won some money on a game show once, and when I learned it only required a $5000 minimum investment to open up a Chik-fil-A, I seriously considered it. I've never been to a Chik-fil-A that wasn't always hopping. But then I realized I'd actually need to know something about the restaurant business. Hopefully one day the City of Angels will truly feel like heaven when some smart entrepeneur gets wise to the goldmine that awaits them if they were to open up a franchise in the Valley.