Maria's Good Time Fun Blog-o-Rama and Petting Zoo

I'm a Georgia-born, Mississippi-bred, Southern Belle living in sunny Los Angeles, California. I'm just trying to make life in the City of Angels truly feel like a little piece of heaven. Welcome to my blog of humorous anecdotes, mindless ramblings, witty invectives, random observations, and just general thinking out loud. Thanks for stopping by! Ya'll come back now, ya hear?!!!

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Everybody was kung fu fighting!



I have a weakness for hard-bodied, fast-footed, compact little Asian men who can kick your ass. I'm the rare female who loves kung fu movies. I totally get the excitement and beauty-the "violent ballet," if you will-of a good martial arts fight scene. I am a little picky, though, preferring somewhat of a plot and a sense of visual artistry along with all the ass-kicking, and even better if it's plot-driven, visually artistic ass-kicking. Or has Donnie Yen. Donnie Yen forgives a multitude of cinematic sins. I imdb'd him before writing this and read that he's married and has a kid. Ah well! It would have never worked out between us, anyway. We're the same height in flat feet, and I do like my high heels.