Maria's Good Time Fun Blog-o-Rama and Petting Zoo

I'm a Georgia-born, Mississippi-bred, Southern Belle living in sunny Los Angeles, California. I'm just trying to make life in the City of Angels truly feel like a little piece of heaven. Welcome to my blog of humorous anecdotes, mindless ramblings, witty invectives, random observations, and just general thinking out loud. Thanks for stopping by! Ya'll come back now, ya hear?!!!

Monday, July 30, 2007

Loosen Up My Buttons, Baby!



I have a non-sexual crush on the lead singer of the Pussycat Dolls. She's yummy. I think she's really pretty and a really good singer and a really good dancer, and as this sentence reflects, she makes me feel like a twelve year old girl (or at least write like one). Maybe that's why I dig her. She reminds me of all those Prince chicks back in the eighties that I liked as a kid. Screw Madonna! Give me Vanity and Apollonia! Being a BIG Prince fan (my first tingling "down there," was at a slumber party viewing of Purple Rain during the infamous "reach around" love scene between Prince and Apollonia), any chick His Purple Highness let hang out with him was alright with me.

I was also probably more drawn to them because, with their dark hair and dark eyes and exotic looks, I could relate to them more. Being the only brown-eyed brunette in my family, my siblings would joke with me that I was adopted since I didn't look like any of them. I WAS the ONLY one who had brown hair and eyes like BOTH my parents, but WHATEV!

Anyway, Miss Scherzinger is HOT, and is one of the main reasons for my current obsession with the "PCDs." Granted, they all run around stage in their underwear and are really just a bunch of glorified strippers, but I don't care! They're really pretty and they sing really good and they dance really good and Nicole is my FAVORITE! Can I look through your purse?