Maria's Good Time Fun Blog-o-Rama and Petting Zoo

I'm a Georgia-born, Mississippi-bred, Southern Belle living in sunny Los Angeles, California. I'm just trying to make life in the City of Angels truly feel like a little piece of heaven. Welcome to my blog of humorous anecdotes, mindless ramblings, witty invectives, random observations, and just general thinking out loud. Thanks for stopping by! Ya'll come back now, ya hear?!!!

Friday, October 13, 2006

Food for thought


Why do I like almonds, but find anything almond flavored kinda nasty tasting? I like banana nut bread and muffins, but not bananas themselves or banana flavored anything else (candy, milkshakes, pudding). I like ketchup, salsa, sun-dried tomatoes, spaghetti sauce, marinara, pizza sauce, and tomato soup, but put a slice of fresh tomato on my hamburger, chop up tomatoes and toss them in a salad, or hand me a plate of tomato slices and mozzarella, and you will have one unhappy girl. I like raw carrots, but cook them and you've lost me. Granny Smith green apples: yum! Every other kind of apple: got no use for them. UNLESS: they're peeled, cooked, seasoned, and filling an apple pie, cobbler, or tart. Then we're in business. Guess you could call me a picky eater. People are funny about food. What are some of your quirks and quibbles when it comes to food?