Maria's Good Time Fun Blog-o-Rama and Petting Zoo

I'm a Georgia-born, Mississippi-bred, Southern Belle living in sunny Los Angeles, California. I'm just trying to make life in the City of Angels truly feel like a little piece of heaven. Welcome to my blog of humorous anecdotes, mindless ramblings, witty invectives, random observations, and just general thinking out loud. Thanks for stopping by! Ya'll come back now, ya hear?!!!

Saturday, October 28, 2006

A Spooktacular Time!

I just got home from a Halloween Party. I didn't have time to go out and shop for a costume or to purchase the raw materials to build my own. Normally, I do well with putting something together out of some unique pieces I already have in my closet. But at the moment, most of my stuff is in boxes and stored in my mom's garage, so I had to make do with what limited choices I currently have access to. I mulled over the idea of going as a pirate wench, since that just involves a skirt or some cullotes, a pair of boots, a hoop earring in one ear, a scarf tied around your head, then say, "Aarrrrgh," all night and you're good to go.

Then I started experimenting with a pair of fake glasses I have, and had this "brilliant" idea to go as a "sexy" librarian. I guess she works at the "sexy" library where you can check out some "sexy" books and if you don't turn them in on time, you'll be charged some "sexy" fines. So I stepped into my black stilletos, my black pencil skirt, pulled my hair back, slipped on my glasses, grabbed a stack of books and off I went to my party, thinking I'd put together a pretty cute and clever little costume!

Upon my arrival, however, it seemed that I looked like everything BUT a "sexy" librarian. What I apparently DID look like included the following: a "sexy" professor, a "sexy" teacher, Diana Prince (Wonder Woman's alter ego), and J Lo (I guess from her movie, "The Wedding Planner"). If I held my stack of books and "shushed" people, then they usually got it, but I'm afraid some folks may have just though I was rude.

Oh, well. I tried. Happy Halloween!